I got a Liebster award. Look at it. Sat there all shiny and new. My very first award.
It was given to me by the amazing Deb at Peace-a-bull Assembly who I love almost as much as her two dogs Ray and Julius. if you love dogs you have to go and read this blog, if you don’t love dogs well a.) you’re a crazy person and b.) get yourself across there because I guarantee you will after you ‘meet’ Debs two!
Now, there are rules to this award.
Nominee posts an image of the award on their blog. (done)
– Nominee links back to the nominator’s blog and of course thanks them. (done)
– Nominee answers 11 questions nominator ask of them. (below)
– Nominee then nominates 11 new bloggers they deem worthy with less than 300 followers & make sure to tell them. (slightly more tricky, I may bend this rule a little as I am just going to nominate people who I think are amazing!)
– Nominee poses 11 questions for their nominees to answer. (ha ha this will be fun!)
So without further ado, my questions asked by Deb:
- Does your pet have a “go-to” trick? Yes. Mity will lift a paw or two if he wants something. In fact if he lifts one paw and it doesn’t have an effect he will lift the other one and continue to alternate paws until you give him something or he falls over. BD not so much.
- If you could change one unchangeable thing about your pet, what would it be and why? I would take away BDs nervousness and fear. I would give him the confidence to run and play with other dogs and take the risks that I can see he wants too take but is too frightened to.
- If you could change one unchangeable thing about yourself, what would it be and why? Where do I start. I think I would take away my self-doubt, worry and fear of being alone. (pretend there all one thing, ok?!)
- Cake or pie? Depends on my mood, but 90% of the time it would be cake!
- If you could pick a super power-you can read your pets’ mind, your pet can read your mind, or you can leap tall buildings in a single bound-which would it be? I would want my pets to be able to read my mind. I could tell BD I have his back so take those risks. I would tell Mity the reason he is on a restricted diet is very much for his own good.
- If you could meet one animal celebrity, who would it be and why? I have met a famous animal celeb. I met Mugly and he really won me over, he was such a sweet heart. I don’t really do the whole celeb thing, human or animal, so I would be happy to meet any animal, regardless of their celeb status!!
- What one human celebrity would you like to meet and why? Ditto. There is no-one I really want to meet – I think I’m worried they would disappoint me! I’m generally not that bothered, although when I go concerts I have been known to become some crazy obsessed woman. Because clearly they are going to spot me in the crowd, fall madly in love and whisk me off to some romantic location where we would have a large house, sun and a pool and plenty of pets (all rescues of course!!)
- How did you decide upon the name of your blog? I wanted something that was a bit unusual and represented hopes and dreams for the future, you see this blog was supposed to be about me meeting Mr Right, living happily ever after, having kids. So I used the thesaurus to come up with alternative words and it suggested “Castles on Clouds” which I liked as it is a song from my favourite musical so it felt very me. I set up the blog under this name and then promptly locked myself out. I couldn’t get back in so I needed a new blog and for some reason I picked the number 25. So Castles on Clouds became 25 Castles on Clouds which I am sure you will all tell me is far superior ;0)
- What is your proudest pet ownership moment? Watching BD play with a group of collies. He had a brilliant time, he even put up with a young dog who was trying to wind him up. I was so proud of him, and happy for him, I cried.
- What is the best compliment you’ve ever received? This can be attributed to the ex. He met some of my friends and they asked us how we had met. He said we had met through work, and that he walked into my office saw me there and thought ‘wow’. Apparently he went back to his office and told them all he had just met the most stunning girl, and he said “we had a conversation, but I can’t remember for the life of me anything she said I was just so entranced*!” I was amazed that not only had he felt like that about me, but that he would admit these feelings to people he didn’t know.
- What movie have you seen so many times that you basically have it memorized? There are a few of them. Growing up my sister and I used to act out our favourite films, I can do you most disney movies, seven brides for seven brothers…. However I can (more impressively in my mind!) sing along to the 10th (i think it was the 10th) anniversary Les Mes soundtrack so well I know when the actors and actresses will breath, how they phrase the words and I know the exact moment in the Castle on Clouds song that the balloon pops startling the girl singing! (you know that is impressive and not sad right?!)
*not official words but hand on heart that was the gist.
Now for my 11 nominees. This rule I am going to bend slightly. Basically this is motley crew of people who have helped me get through this last few months, inspire me daily, challenge me to do better and are in part the reason I come back to blog (now you know who to blame!) I am sure most of the below will already have it, but anyway. My nominations are:
1. Clowie – Clowie’s Corner
2. Mollie and Alfie – Mollies Dog Treats
3. Amy – Long Drive Journey.
4. Jodi – Heart Like a Dog
5. Savannah and the kid Sage – Savannah’s Paw tracks
6. Jane – Northern Mum
7. Donna – Donna and the Dogs
8. Kristine & Shiva- Rescued Insanity
9. Dawn – American Dog Blog
10. Wiley – Wiley’s Wisdom
11. Leo – Walk to Rio 2016
And finally for my questions:
1. What’s the one bit of advice you would give to a younger you?
2. What’s your proudest achievement? (other than receiving this award from me – obviously!)
3. What are you doing right now?
4. What is the one thing you wouldn’t change about you?
5. Do you cut the fat off bacon before you eat it?
6. Which came first the chicken or the egg? (reasons are needed)
7. How do you (your folks) take your (their) coffee?
8. What’s your go to ‘feel better’ trick?
9. What is the meaning of life?
10. What would be your ideal gift to receive or give?
11. What would you like to share that I haven’t covered in my above questions?