Is this just me? I have rules for whether a pudding has custard or cream served with it, I have tried to explain these rules to my family and OH however they all look at me like I am slightly cazy – but your with me on this right?
– if it is crumble you have to have custard, ice cream could be done if desperate cream is wrong on many levels
– if it is chocolate based (e.g fudge cake) you have cream or ice cream
with me so far, right lets take it up a notch:
– if the pudding filling is red in colour (e.g cherry pie) you have to have cream
– if the pudding filling is apple you have to have custard
– apple trumps all other fillings (e.g apple and blackcurrant, apple wins so it is custard)
actually now I have written it down it seems very logical and very easy! I don’t know why they struggle so much!